What We Do
Our Food Bank has three teams of volunteers:
Why We Do It
- We’re doing this to show you that God cares about people in need.
- We’re a church full of needy people. All of us are sinners.
- We’ve all broken God’s laws and deserve to be punished as His enemies.
- Instead, God sent His only Son Jesus to die for our sins in our place.
- God provided what we all need most: to be saved from our sins.
- God is so merciful that He not only gives us salvation but also many other gifts like food.
- So, we are doing this because God has shown us His mercy and we want to spread it around.
“Jesus works miracles at the food ministry, not only for the clients but also for us volunteers. My son and my grandson came to volunteer at the food pantry and have since accepted Jesus as their Savior! I know serving at the ministry changed their hearts. Through Food Bank, He has restored my relationship with my family and has brought my son and grandson where they need to be; with our Savior, Christ Jesus.”
Food bank Attendee / Volunteer
Grace Food Bank’s Vision
“To develop relationships with the people in our community through a food bank in order to meet their physical and spiritual needs.”
Plan to join us on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays from 9am-12pm for food sorting and/or Friday’s from 12:45pm-5:00pm to distribute food and share your heart. God uses this ministry to change the lives of those who attend as well as those who open themselves up to be used for His glory. Even an hour of your time on Friday will make a difference in someone’s life! Our food bank has grown in those we serve, and more hands are needed to make the load lighter for our volunteers.
For volunteer information or questions about the food bank, contact us at email@example.com or call Pam Dancer (562)-301-7118.
By Appointment Only
GRACE EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH
12717 Santa Gertrudes Ave, La Mirada, CA 90638
firstname.lastname@example.org | (562) 943-3791
We’re an agency of the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, under the umbrella of Feeding America, which provides free groceries to those with low income.
“Living on social security disability, I did not make much money. After paying rent and bills, it did not leave enough money for food. I was embarrassed that I could not make it on my own. I sat in the Food Bank and listened to the preaching, and I came back every week to see what they would preach about next. They asked people to open their hearts and accept Jesus Christ, so I did. I now volunteer every Thursday and Friday. They have become my family.”
Food Bank Attendee / Volunteer