This Sunday we will wrap up our Titus series Called to Order in a Disordered World with a reflection service. We will look to many of you in the congregation to encourage one another by testifying to the work God has been doing in your hearts and minds through His living word. God has grand purposes for preaching within a local church. The beginning of Titus reminded us of this.
Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the faith of God’s elect and their knowledge of the truth, which accords with godliness, in hope of eternal life, which God, who never lies, promised before the ages began and at the proper time manifested in his word through the preaching with which I have been entrusted by the command of God our Savior. (Titus 1:1-3)
How is our faith to be strengthened? How is our knowledge of the truth to grow? How are the seeds of godliness to be sown? How is our hope of eternal life to deepen? Through preaching.
Some ideas to help you reflect and prepare:
- Re-read Titus this week. (It only takes a few minutes!)
- Go to our sermons page at graceevfree.org and browse back through the sermon titles to refresh your memory of where we’ve been.
- Look back through sermon notes you might have taken.
- Think back over grace group discussions you’ve had during this series.
- Pray and ask God to help you see something you have learned or a way in which you are growing that might encourage and build others up in our congregation.
- Pray asking God to be stirring the hearts of those He wants to share in each of our three morning services.
- Have a conversation with someone else at Grace about how Titus has been ministering to you.
- Has someone at Grace already shared with you how Titus has been helping them grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ? Consider encouraging them to share that with us this Sunday!
- If there is something you think you’d like to share, take the time to write out your thoughts ahead of time to ensure clarity and connection to the text.
Questions for personal reflection:
- How has God been renewing your mind and forming a more gospel-shaped worldview through Titus?
- How has the grace of God been “training you” (as Titus 2:12 puts it)?
- In what aspects of your life has God been calling you to order through Titus?
- How has Christ been exalted in your heart and mind through Titus?
See you Sunday!